This is the first year that we’re hosting Christmas and I am beyond excited! It’s time to bring out all the wedding registry items that I haven’t used yet! And, full disclosure, I may have ordered some new tabletop decor just for this occasion.
But, it’s not all about the decor, right? Or is it? I can’t ever figure that one out. Anyways, onto the food. I’ve noted some fantastic recipes below from various bloggers I follow and some from Pinterest. I didn’t add explanations for all of them as they are self explanatory if you can read. From this list I am going to narrow down to 2-3 in each category (just 1 main dish) and plan a food schedule from there. Ideally, I’d like to make as much ahead of time as possible so I’m not spending all of Christmas day in the kitchen.
This brings me to dessert… I haven’t chosen a ‘main’ dessert yet and I need help! What is your favorite Christmas dinner dessert? Comment below to let me know and share your favorite recipes with me! Happy Holidays and many cheers!
- Pomegranate Moscow Mule
- Cider Cocktail with Bourbon
- Sparkling wine – 2014 Brut Rose from Domaine Carneros. We’ve been wine club members there for about a year! The rose is the perfect compliment to Christmas dinner. Serve with a few fresh cranberries.
- Red wine
- San Pellegrino with a squeeze of fresh lime
- Baked Brie with Apples and Honey
- Honey Rosemary Roasted Cashews from Eat the Gains
- Cheese and charcuterie board – assorted meats and cheeses with bread crackers and olives. I really like this article which discussed how to build the perfect cheese and charcuterie board – Yum!
- Prosciutto wrapped figs from Eat the Gains
- Caprese bites from Iowa Girl Eats
- Hassel-back Potatoes from Pure Taste Recipes
- Roasted Brussel sprouts with Cranberries and Bacon
- Large salad with ALL the toppings
What else I should make for dessert? Don’t forget to comment below! Happy holidays!