‘Tis the season for fresh cranberries!! I knew after Thanksgiving I wanted to make a fresh cranberry drink but I struggled with what I should use to make it sweet. Cranberries are so tart but I didn’t want to mix it with simple syrup or cranberry juice. I was thinking…orange and cranberry go so well together, why wouldn’t tangerine work? The combination of cranberries and tangerine is actually delectable! And this entire drink is only four ingredients!
Actually, my mom has a tangerine tree outside her house in Arizona. I totally forgot this…. I went to the store to buy tangerine juice. Total side note, but when I was at the store someone in a truck opened their door into ours and left a huge scratch on our car! UGH. Anyways, once I was at the store I realized I could just juice fresh ones using the tree outside. I did have to buy a new bottle of Grand Marnier, which I am excited about. It seems like something I could use over and over again during the holidays.
Before photographing these drinks I made myself one….and drank a lot of it. When I made the second batch, I made a huge mess in the kitchen, so watch out, these drinks are delicious and maybe slightly dangerous. Cheers!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 4 shots (4oz) agave tequila – I used Altos 100% Agave Tequila
- 2 teaspoons of orange liqueur – I used Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon sugar [optional – for sugar rim]
- Blend cranberries and tangerine juice until no chunks remain
- Shake blended cranberry and tangerine mixture, tequila, Grand Marnier, and ice
- Sugar rim of serving glass & pour shaken mixture over fresh ice into glass
- Serve & enjoy!