It is starting to get cold outside and this is a good meal to ease back into cooking inside with the oven. In the summer we seem to grill almost every night – our default cooking method. These stuffed bell peppers have to be one of my favorite meals, EVER! They are so good and so versatile. There are so many versions of this and trust me when I say several different versions will make it on the blog! This ground beef stuffed pepper dish looks fancy too (stuffed anything looks fancy!)! And it’s super easy to make!
Every other recipe for stuffed bell peppers will tell you to cook the bell peppers prior to stuffing – DON’T DO IT! Cooking the bell peppers separately creates mush and who wants a mushy bell pepper? With my recipe, below, the bell peppers still maintain some crunch. Enjoy!
- 4 organic bell peppers (use different colors for dramatic presentation)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 8 mushrooms, sliced and diced
- 1 lb (package) grass fed 85/15 ground beef (I prefer ButcherBox)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 3 hot peppers diced (I used 2 Jalapeño and 1 Serrano)
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (Instant Pot quinoa)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved parmesan for topping [optional]
- Half and seed bell peppers. Once seeded, place into baking dish with the cut side up, ensure the dish is just large enough to hold the peppers upright
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat avocado oil in a pan, when hot, saute onion 3 minutes. Add spices and stir
- Add ground beef, turn heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes
- Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft
- When mushrooms are cooked add beans, quinoa and ~2 diced hot peppers
- When mixture is hot, stuff bell peppers. Cook stuffed peppers 35-45 minutes, until browned and crispy on top
- Remove from oven, top with remaining diced hot peppers and parmesan, if using
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may make a tiny bit money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep P&S up and running. I appreciate your support!