White Chicken Chili – delicious, nutritious & healthy! This chili comes together relatively quickly and is sure to become a family favorite!
Apparently I am a fan of soup, chili and everything made in ‘one pot’ since that’s what I’ve been posting lately. However, this White Chicken Chili is really not something to be missed. I have recipe tested this a few times now and each time we’ve eaten the entire thing for dinner. I have learned a few things from recipe testing this chili I thought I would share:
- Broccoli rice is my new favorite thing
- I don’t love Trader Joe’s coconut milk (sorry, not sorry)
- Sometimes chicken thighs have too much fat and make this chili oily (Originally I used all chicken thighs, but the combo of breasts & thighs is perfect!)
Currently, I’m in the middle of Whole 30 [today is day 11] and I am feeling great so far! Although last night I had a dream about drinking Champagne… pretty sure that is my ‘dreaming of junk food’ phase. Cheers to that!
White Chicken Chili - delicious, nutritious & healthy! This chili is whole 30 approved, paleo friendly, Gluten-free & dairy-free too!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 lb chicken breasts [2 breasts]
- 1 lb chicken thighs [2-4 thighs]
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 serrano, diced [optional]
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup broccoli rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk [14oz]
- fresh parsley [optional topping]
- fresh lime juice [optional topping]
- fresh jalapeno [optional topping]
Heat avocado oil over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add onions, spices, salt & pepper cook 5 minutes. Push onions to the sides and add chicken to the center of the pan, cook 3 minutes per side
Add bell peppers, serrano (if using), broccoli rice, and sweet potato. Add 4 cups of chicken broth, mix well and cook for 1 hour on low
Add coconut milk, cook another 30 minutes. Shred chicken, serve, top & ENJOY!
Add more chicken broth if you like more liquid.